My apolgies for the delay in getting this information posted. I have finallly received confirmation that we can go ahead with our gathering this Saturday and that the plaque will have been installed. Please read the following carefully:
1. There is a home football game on Saturday. If your travels to campus include Route 1 or 18, please plan for traffic delays that may be significant. If you are coming from the north, you will have no problems if you take Route 1 to Route 27 south and come to into campus that way,
2. Parking will be available behind Tillett Hall and near the Livingston Gym only. All other lots will be full with football fans.
3. We will gather near the bench which is located at the Kilmer Library (very near the Tillett Parking). You will see balloons marking the location.
4. I expect the ceremony to last abuot 10 - 15 minutes. At the request of Paula's daughter, I will offer remarks and a family member may do so as well. There will be no additional speakers. I ask you to please honor this request.
5. We will then gather for light refershments and the opportunity to share in an informal setting our "Paula stories" with one another. We will do so on the Livingston Student Center patio - a very short distance from the bench. I expect lots of photos and selfies at the bench! We are attempting to have RU Media Relations cover this event for publication.
6. We will proceed rain or shine - we have a back up indoor spot for refreshments. If there is extreme weather I will post an update on Saturday morning.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I can't wait to meet those of you whom I do not know and to thank each and every donator for helping to make this event a reality!
Robin Diamond on behalf of the Paula Van Riper Memorial