1000 New Entrepreneurs
HELP US REACH 1,000 ENTREPRENEURS
The Center for Urban Entrepreneurship and Economic Development (CUEED) at Rutgers Business School is celebrating its 10 year anniversary. Rutgers Business School is the hallmark of excellence in business education delivered by a world-class faculty.
CUEED has nationally and internationally recognized and award-winning programs and has distinguished itself because it makes the connection between entrepreneurship and community revitalization. CUEED builds the capacity of diverse entrepreneurs -- helping them to generate revenue and profit, create jobs, and stimulate local economic development in Newark, the state of New Jersey, and beyond.
CUEED is raising funds to create more support services that will expand our reach for the next decade to 1,000 new entrepreneurs. Your gift will strengthen our current programming and empower both Rutgers’ students as well as enterprising individuals in New Jersey urban locales with the benefits of entrepreneurship.
OUR SUCCESSFUL GRADUATES
Many graduates of CUEED's education programs have leveraged our guidance and support into the achievement of exciting successes.
Hear how CUEED has helped these business owners:
Joshua Suggs, Owner of Delta’s Restaurant (Urban Retail Acceleration Program Graduate)
Hilda Mera, Co-Owner of S&A Auto Repair (Entrepreneurship Pioneers Initiative Graduate)
Holly Kaplansky, Owner of Minuteman Press of Newark (Entrepreneurship Pioneers Initiative Graduate)
Read about recent accomplishments of these CUEED program graduates:
- WearWorks (Black & Latino Tech Initiative), a tech firm which was selected as a participant in Inc. Magazine's Founders Project, where it is being paired with the owners of Fitbit for mentoring
- The Dessert Ladies (Entrepreneurship Pioneers Initiative), a corporate dessert caterer which will be profiled on the PIX11 Morning News is launching a new first-of-its-kind edible chocolate centerpiece product to a national B2B audience
- Bro-Ritos Food Truck (Urban Retail Acceleration Program), a mobile restaurant and caterer which was featured on NBC's "Weekend Today" and was honored by New Jersey Black Businesses’ Best in Black Business Awards in the “New Business” and “Young Entrepreneurs” categories
MAXIMIZE OUR IMPACT
CUEED positions diverse individuals to drive inclusive growth and revitalize communities. Your financial support will accelerate CUEEDs impact in the following ways:
- CONTINUE OUR SUCCESSFUL EPI PROGRAM - which focuses on first-generation entrepreneurs. This model includes classroom instruction, mentoring and coaching.
- EXTEND the EPI Model - to help underrepresented creative, technology, and retail and restaurant entrepreneurs raise capital and own property.
- ADVANCE RESEARCH - creating and leveraging new knowledge and tools developed by our Rutgers faculty to continue effectively serving urban entrepreneurs.
$10,000 MATCHING GOAL
BCT Partners has graciously pledged $10,000 to CUEED publicly demonstrating their commitment to urban entrepreneurship and economic development. They have challenged us to MATCH their contribution! Your gift will have GREATER IMPACT NOW, helping us reach 1,000 new entrepreneurs.
Invest in the future of businesses that operate where we live and work. Make your contribution today!